• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

baja clawa

jar

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to this but i have seen pics of the baja claws in my 4wheel mags with them running the tires backwards is their any advantages to this.

scott w said:
better traction on the trail, but not recommended on the street.

Good point. These tires are directional, but for 4 wheeling, the lug pattern will cup/grab the rock better. The tire is designed to really dig with its directional "V" pattern, but a reverse of this would cup around rocks in rock crawling situations like I said. I do see many 4 wheeler running their Claws in reverse to get this effect.

stay away from the Claws, once they get passed half tread there crap off-road, thats from experience, i do mostly rocks in my Bronco, and if you even touch mud don't think about them, seriously.

Sean

XJ4Roks said:
stay away from the Claws, once they get passed half tread there crap off-road, thats from experience, i do mostly rocks in my Bronco, and if you even touch mud don't think about them, seriously.

Sean

My experience with the Radial claws is just the opposite. They got me through some of the nastiest mud even with open diffs. I cut a sidewall on rocks. They're great trail tires in my opinion. The only reason I'm not running them now is because I went up to 33s and got a great deal on some used MTRs.

Back