• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

should i shackle or block it?

XJ4Roks

NAXJA Forum User
1088WheelinPix_211-med.jpg

ok the 3" lift is goin in this saturday. my question is after looking at my pic of my stock kee on 31's with saggy ass, do you think i should go with a 1" shackle or block also so it will even out? i know when i slap in the addleaf its gonna sit low in the rear still, thats why im asking. i plan on doin a 2" lift add on in 2 months so im thinking i wait and deal with the saggy ass or just buy the block for 20 bux and deal with the rest later.....any input is welcome!!

thanks
Sean

since your rear is already saggin like a mofo, do yourself a favor and get full springs packs of the height you want. if that is not an option for you go shackle not block

I would go shackle too. I put a 2" BB on mine with saggin springs and it stinks. If I were to do it over again, and had the cash to do it the way I wanted, I would go with a full spring pack. But I do have a set of MJ shackles that should level me out, at least untill I can get the Rusty's 3" lift with full spring packs.

Definately not a block.

I would install the lift, see where it sits, and if it's too low I'd hit a junkyard and get a set of old springs, take them apart, and add a second AAL on each side.

Eagle said:
Definately not a block.

I would install the lift, see where it sits, and if it's too low I'd hit a junkyard and get a set of old springs, take them apart, and add a second AAL on each side.
forgot about that option, this would be better as well because it would strengthen your pack even more

Eagle said:
Definately not a block.

x7

Eagle said:
Definately not a block.

agreed

Stay away from blocks, they will destroy your leaf packs over time. If they are OEM leaf packs then it really doesn't matter much. I'd shackle it before I'd block it. The best would be new aftermarket full leaf packs like RE or so, or if you want a cheaper option then build your own leaf pack adding a couple more leafs to get your height. Cheap XJ had a good alternative: use older Dodge Dakota leaf packs or at least a few leafs out of that pack to build yours. You should be able to get 3-4" from the Dakota ones.

Eagle said:
Definately not a block.

im with this idea....i have a line on dakota springs, which leaf should i snatch up? i really don't even want to shackle it just cause of axle wrap id get. adding another leaf sounds like a better idea, thanks for the advice!

Sean

Back