• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep is dieing again. The fuses are constantly burning out

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
That fuse that seemed to have fixed the problem, is no longer working. My jeep started running terribly, and started cutting off after ever half of a block. The fuses burnt out in under 15 seconds, so I dunno what the deal is now. Before it would cut off, the engine would rumble, and it wasn't able to keep steady rpm's. The first time it cut out tonight, the check engine light came on, but I didn't have any time to check it at an autozone or anything like that.

Again, I'd rather NOT take this to a mechanic since other car repair bills have been pretty steep. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want my jeep to be finally dead, so I hope you guys can help it putter on a bit longer.

you definatly have a short somewhere I would start checking the wiring harness to see if it is rubbed through and grounding against stuff . the next thing I would do is start checking the circuit that the fuse is used for and see if any of the components in that circuit are malfunctioning or grounding causeing the short. good luck.

The short is in one of the O2 sensors, but that's not the only problem now. I apparently have something else that is pretty messed up which is causing the engine to run horribly. This thing is just falling apart, and it's really getting depressing.

xjj33p3r said:
The short is in one of the O2 sensors, but that's not the only problem now. I apparently have something else that is pretty messed up which is causing the engine to run horribly. This thing is just falling apart, and it's really getting depressing.

did you replace the o2 sensors or just fix the short?

drive ur ass to houston, and ill take a look at it after that i fix it we can drive to corpus, have some beers and ride on the beach

did u look at ur haynes manual for the wiring harness and see what the fuse was for?

and sounds like ur trippin some kinda sensor thats shutting off ur fuel pump

Well, it should be done by tomorrow morning, in which I will then notify you what the deal is. The vacum thing is the only thing that's pissing me off

Back