• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shim install questions??

bshaw

NAXJA Forum User
Did some searching around, but I really could not find this one out there. I'm getting some really bad vibes from my pinion angle being off right now. 55-65 is terrible right now, drove all the way to and from Attica this past weekend like that.

Anyhow, I'm going to install some shims tomorrow. Question is:
1. can I just unbolt the U-bolts drop the axle (take ds off too)?
2. take out the center pin in the leaves and install longer ones with the shims? without the leaves killing me?!!!
3. then put the axle back on?
Hope I explained this right. Any feed back with greatly apperciated!

bshaw said:
Did some searching around, but I really could not find this one out there. I'm getting some really bad vibes from my pinion angle being off right now. 55-65 is terrible right now, drove all the way to and from Attica this past weekend like that.

Anyhow, I'm going to install some shims tomorrow. Question is:
1. can I just unbolt the U-bolts drop the axle (take ds off too)?
2. take out the center pin in the leaves and install longer ones with the shims? without the leaves killing me?!!!
3. then put the axle back on?
Hope I explained this right. Any feed back with greatly apperciated!

1. Yes, you have to remove the ubolts. No you don't have to take the ds off.
2. Use c-clamps to hold the leafs in place before you unbolt the ubolts.
3. yes
This is a very easy process. I needed to wallow out the holes in my leafs with a drill a little to get the new center pins to fit in because I couldn't get the holes to line up perfectly, no big deal though.

Back