• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flat Black XJ @ Winterfest 05'

cherokee-89

NAXJA Forum User
What did you guys think of that awsome flat black XJ in the Quarry? It caught my eye when it was crawling the rocks! It might not look as sharp as that orange rig did but it went as good or better than that newer model silver rig.

Last edited:
This one?
DSCF0007.jpg

That would be our friend Gill's!

That one and the orange caged one with the silver flame job weren't with us, AFAIK. I wonder how long their bump stops were?

Lawn Cher' said:
That one and the orange caged one with the silver flame job weren't with us, AFAIK. I wonder how long their bump stops were?
I got a quick glance at the bumpstops on the black xj and they looked stock!! I saw it flex up a few good times and it could completely stuff the tires into the fenders. One of them bronco guys that was stuck said that before they saw him go up the entrance to puratory that he flexed it good enough to take out one of the coil springs on the front end. So I guess hes not like that orange xj. But if he was with that orange xj how come every time I saw him he was not with it? He was with a Sammy and a TJ everytime I saw it. He even pulled in with them.

cherokee-89 said:
I got a quick glance at the bumpstops on the black xj and they looked stock!! I saw it flex up a few good times and it could completely stuff the tires into the fenders. One of them bronco guys that was stuck said that before they saw him go up the entrance to puratory that he flexed it good enough to take out one of the coil springs on the front end. So I guess hes not like that orange xj. But if he was with that orange xj how come every time I saw him he was not with it? He was with a Sammy and a TJ everytime I saw it. He even pulled in with them.

I didn't exactly say they were together, but that they were both not with us. The orange one was actually wheeling with a XJ tube-buggy when I saw them in the quarry. Oh, and the bumpstop question was a joke.

I thought that the flat black xj was with us? I think I saw him up at the registration table and saw him getting inspected. That guy must be insane. Did you see what he was crawling up? That thing was amazing! He twisted a driveshaft in half! Thats what I call low-low gears!

cherokee-89 said:
I thought that the flat black xj was with us? I think I saw him up at the registration table and saw him getting inspected. That guy must be insane. Did you see what he was crawling up? That thing was amazing! He twisted a driveshaft in half! Thats what I call low-low gears!

Maybe he was... I don't know. I've been wrong before. I know the other two I mentioned weren't with us.

That is my Xj I was with the Sammy and the YJ, I was registered but we done our own trails.

didn't exactly say they were together, but that they were both not with us. The orange one was actually wheeling with a XJ tube-buggy when I saw them in the quarry. Oh, and the bumpstop question was a joke.

I was with the orange XJ, I had the tube-buggy XJ as its called. We were up for a drive and tune run. I had to get my coilovers dialed in. We had a good time, didnt get to talk with many of you guys though, I was a member a coulpe of years ago, and lost track of my membership status.

Oh ya, I have 5" of up travel in the front. Lots of up travel is for people who dont have triangulated 4 links, in other words for people who dont know how much traction they could acually have :rolleyes:

Back