• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CSF Rad. install

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
Figured this barely squeaks by "Modified" with the aftermarket radiator. Last night I installed my new radiator from Dirk (a CSF). Also new hoses, and water pump/thermostat. It was leaking coolant from the cap today so I put a new one on and it seems to be fine. Simple install. Dealer tried to tell me that the aftermarket rad. would not bolt up. For those thinking of going the same route...it was exactly the same. Very fun. My temps are about 10-15 cooler. Didn't see 210 all day. That's all...just thought I'd share.

Check your filler neck again. See if it is out of round. My CSF was like this, and Dirk got me a new one, and that may explain why your cap as leaking.

Fergie

Fergie...Yeah Dirk mentioned that today when I talked to him. It looked good but I was gonna go out there in a second and take a peek again. The new cap went on really snug and the old one was loosey goosey.
(When you say outta round...did it look like some hamhands kinda crushed it a bit with a vice grips?)

89er...I used a 195 t-stat. Prior to all my radiator issues, I was seeing approx. 220ish (hard to tell if the gauge is really accurate...I usually look for a consistency in the #'s). The needle hovered just a few millimeters to the left of 210 today though so it's obviously cooler with the new stuff.

riverfever said:
Fergie...Yeah Dirk mentioned that today when I talked to him. It looked good but I was gonna go out there in a second and take a peek again. The new cap went on really snug and the old one was loosey goosey.
(When you say outta round...did it look like some hamhands kinda crushed it a bit with a vice grips?)

89er...I used a 195 t-stat. Prior to all my radiator issues, I was seeing approx. 220ish (hard to tell if the gauge is really accurate...I usually look for a consistency in the #'s). The needle hovered just a few millimeters to the left of 210 today though so it's obviously cooler with the new stuff.
When I say out of round, I mean that the neck portion, where the seals in the cap are supposed to sit, was out of shape, not round. Also, the lip where the cap attaches was bent down so the cap couldnt be tightened down.

Fergie

Back