• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushing kits

Stonycar

NAXJA Forum User
I need new bushings on my Xj and I was looking on quadratec. I found em but how do I know if I need 23 or 24mm swwaybar bushings?? Does all the others bushing need to have a particular measurment ?? I just dont want to be stuck with loose bushings and i forgot; should I go for those poly bushins or just rubber ones ... thx guys

Your best bet is to actually measure the swaybar with a caliper gauge - it's notoriously difficult to find out which swaybar was used on your car, unless it came from the factory with the towing package, in which case it has the biggest size, I think. Changing them is OK - just use plenty of WD40 beforehand so you don't shear the swaybar link pin and make sure that everything's pushed home firmly before you start torquing it up - it's a right PITA to find single replacement bushings if you make a mistake. A vice and a good collection of different-sized sockets is useful, along with using the teflon lube they provide - rubber lube just isn't nearly as slippy (oo-er missus!). Take your time, prepare well and you shouldn't mess up like I did!

Back