• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loc Rite/Axle Shafts

RobCherokeeXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have a 89 XJ w/ 4" lift and 32x11.5" tires, I have a D 30 disconnect up front right now and want to put a Loc Rite in it. Opinions on the Loc Rite w/ my sized tires. I only plan on moving up to 33" tires.

and also I have stock axle shafts up front and would like to upgrade, what would be some strong axle shafts that would be under a budget of $500. I was thinking like Yukons or Dutchmans... Opinions pleasse

and also, how do you think the Loc Rite compares to a tru trac? My buddie has one in his D30 that's jsut sitting on the ground, but i'm thinking I want a full time locker... how well does the true trac perform offroad?

I ran an LR in my 30 for a while and it always hooked up when I needed it too. Didnt care for driving it in 4H when the roads were bad, and wouldnt trust my wife to drive it in 4, but all in all, not bad for the money.

Fergie

if you want to keep the disconnect, get shaft from a 95 YJ and put 760x joints in them. or you can eliminate the disconnect with shafts from newer (96+ right guys?) XJs that will also accept 760x joints.

spicer shafts and 760x joints should be all you need for 33s unless you're really hard on your junk.

what he said.... o yea check out aussie lockers very simmilar design to lock right but with no tire size limitations.

I have pounded the holy crap out of my lockrite...ain't broke yet...but i only do mud...on 12.5 x 33's...

I run a lockrite in my dana 30 and ahve had no issues with it so far. I have only had it for 2 years but I got it used from my neighbor down the street who had it in his CJ for 4 years. The lockrite survived only with a broken set of pins. I put in a new set of pins and its been fine since.

As for having driving issues in bad weather conditions its a load of crap. In ice and snow I had no issues with the front locked. Its slightly different than having the front open but not nearly as bad people say it is.

AARON

I've run Lock Rights up front for about 8 years and have never broken the front. It works great and you can't tell it's there. I highly reccommend them. I also have run them rear. I have broken two!! I run Dana 44s and 36s. I am a little rough on them so I expect it to happen. Though 2 in 8 years isn't bad. I would buy an ARB if I had the money but since I don't.
Stukboy

I run Lockrights front and rear. Cheap and dependable. Get used ones and replace the pins and springs and they are as good as new.

Alright, Sounds good to me. I'll order the shafts w/ the 297's or i'll search a few junkyards and then put in errr the good ol' loc rite, thanks for all the info, highly appreciated
Rob

Back