• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Lift?

cherokeedude3

NAXJA Forum User
HEY, I JUST BOUGHT A 99XJ...WAS WONDERING WHAT LIFT YOU GUYS/GALS SUGGEST AND HOW BIG. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON BUMPERS? SKID PLATES ...ARE THEY AN EARLY ADD ON NECESSITY? LET ME KNOW...AND WITH THE LIFT. HOW BIG? AND DO I NEED A SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR? (SYE)? :dunno: :NAXJA:

sorry, but search. your asking for alot of info that has been discused many times over.

get rid of the caps

cherokeedude3 said:
HEY, I JUST BOUGHT A 99XJ...WAS WONDERING WHAT LIFT YOU GUYS/GALS SUGGEST AND HOW BIG. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON BUMPERS? SKID PLATES ...ARE THEY AN EARLY ADD ON NECESSITY? LET ME KNOW...AND WITH THE LIFT. HOW BIG? AND DO I NEED A SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR? (SYE)? :dunno: :NAXJA:
Too many issues in one post, and none of them have simple answers.

Personal advice -- if you just got the Jeep, drive it for awhile before throwing money at it because someone else said you "should" or "have to" have 'X' or 'Y'

If you plan on using it on the street, lift first for looks (if that's your thing). If you want to use it like a Jeep, skid plates and tow points first, rock rails second, locker next, then you're ready to think about lifts and bumpers.

BTW -- you're asking about modifications, so you should have posted this in the Modified Tech area, not under OEM.

Last edited:
Back