• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker problems

Prepmech

NAXJA Member #981
This weekend, I noticed some cracks in my bushwacker flares. My front passenger side flare has a four inch crack in the top edge. The rear one on the passenger door has a crack at the bottom bolt hole. The ads say they are supposed to flex, but mine will not hardly flex at all. Has anyone else ran into this problem. For those with bushwackers, do yours flex at all? Could this be a material flaw?

I've had a set for a few years now. One got partially ripped off once mudding, but none show any cracks. I have had problems with the mounting screws falling/backing out. Just went with a larger diameter bolt from the hardware store. Maybe Bushwacker would replace under warranty.
blaise

The cracking seems to be a common problem with the new Bushwackers. Someone told me that Bushwacker changed their compound somehow but, when you ask Bushwacker, they say "no". I have the older set, and when compared to the newer ones, there is a difference in material. The look and feel of the material is different. Now they are prone to cracks. Bushwackers do not flex either. They are too ridgid. Contact Bushwacker directly. They will send you a new set. Unfortunately, you will still have to be carefull with them cause it can happen again.

Yes there is a difference.
I had to order a replacement and it was different.
It was stiffer too.
Makes no sense, they should make them more flexible.
I got sick of ripping mine off so I threw them away.
There wasn't much left of them though.

I'm going to call bushwacker tomorrow. Hopefully they will help me out, but it is going to be a pain to replace them. I hate doing things twice.
Travis

xjparts004.jpg
doodahman said:
Can you post a couple pics of your rig, I'm wondering how 33's look with the Bushwhackers.

Jeez, and I thought my xj was pretty...

The bolt holes on the bushwackers do not contact the body when tight therefor stressing the plastic. If you haven't already done so cut a piece of fuel line and slide over the bolt under the flare. So when there tightened the flare contacts the body but also the squishes the fuel line piece so the bolt mount is also supported.

ha ha! my overly large pics strike again! :D

Back