• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Powerstrap 4"x30' 60,000 lb

I have a 3" 50,000 LB one I got at my local equiptment rental shop for 33.45 out the door. I figure if its good enough to haul out heavy equiptment its good enough for my 3000 lb xj

i have a 6" x30' rated around 60 or 70k#. i dont have to worry about breaking it. when i go mudding and get stuck its no worry when a full size truck puts plenty of slack in it and then guns it. good tow point+good tow starp=extraction

i picked it up on ebay for 60 shipped too

Whatcha hooking that to? I've seen a guy about get killed using a strap that was way stronger than the hook it was attached to. It was a 4" strap and a cheap hook - the strap became a massive slingshot sending half of a broken hook through a window and a seat, came to rest lodged into the YJ's dash, shattering the windshield.

nonetheless I bought a 2" strap the next day, and that guy had to buy new underwear. never saw how he got the hook out of the dash. The hook was exactly the same as come with Rusty's tow hook kit - the standard farm and fleet hook.

Edit: those hooks are rated to 10k - I've seen the same ones bend out strait more than once, but this one sure as hell broke off and became a rocket. I have heard of this happening elsewhere as well. note that this pull was what I would consider to be a yank of excessive force by the YJ's driver, and the vehicle being pulled was not in a possition to be yanked out - it ended up being winched out.

Last edited:
class 3 hitch and warn shackle, i'm not worried about it coming off

I wouldnt get too comfortable. All that holds that Warn Reciever D-Ring in is a single grade 8 bolt. I've sheared grade 8 bolts before just in my suspension.

well hey it would be flying there direction not mine so i'm not worried about...

just kidding, thats pretty awful. we dont get to carried away, if its a bad stuck(which i havent had in ages since i dont like mud anymore) we just winch out.

ArcticXJ said:
I wouldnt get too comfortable. All that holds that Warn Reciever D-Ring in is a single grade 8 bolt. I've sheared grade 8 bolts before just in my suspension.

yep. Hasn't happened to me but I've seen it too. D-rings and shackles are stronger than hooks, but you can break anything. What's the rating on shackles? I bet not 60,000 lbs

Back