• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

After lift frontend ?'s

5Cent

NAXJA Forum User
Just put this on:

Lift:
OME 934 Coils
2 stock isolators (each side)
OME HD Leaf Packs w/JCXL added
OME SD-40
4BDS Long Travel Shocks
RE Fixed Superide LCAs
RE Gen II discos
JKS Adj Tracbar

When she's on the lift (full droop), the front bumpstops (stock) look like they are hitting the coils, like the coil arcs backwards. Is this normal? Also, we had to bore out the tapered trac bar hole in the stock mount to get the JKS bolt through. Now I have a popping sound, mostly when turning. The gun was torqued to 150psi, is that enough? Nothing was touched on the tie rod.

How much longer do I need for only about 3.5-4"? I'm already using the extended RE ones?

at full droop with the Jeep on a frame lift, what you're seeing with the coils is normal because of the way that the control arm geometry is -- as the axle droops, it's swing backwards. Now, if the coils were doing that with the rig sitting on its wheels, then you'd need longer arms.

Jeepin Jason said:
at full droop with the Jeep on a frame lift, what you're seeing with the coils is normal because of the way that the control arm geometry is -- as the axle droops, it's swing backwards. Now, if the coils were doing that with the rig sitting on its wheels, then you'd need longer arms.

Ya, I noticed it when it was on the lift at the shop.

What you want should be about 16.5 inches long, center of eye to center of eye. Stock arms i believe are like 15 3/4 and RE's fixed are only like 15 7/8 I believe.

Tom

live24wheel said:
What you want should be about 16.5 inches long, center of eye to center of eye. Stock arms i believe are like 15 3/4 and RE's fixed are only like 15 7/8 I believe.

Tom

Ok, but does this solve the popping then? I figured it only to smooth ride out and help articulation? It rides very nice now, just pops every now and again.

5Cent said:
When she's on the lift (full droop), the front bumpstops (stock) look like they are hitting the coils, like the coil arcs backwards. Is this normal? Also, we had to bore out the tapered trac bar hole in the stock mount to get the JKS bolt through. Now I have a popping sound, mostly when turning. The gun was torqued to 150psi, is that enough? Nothing was touched on the tie rod.

Yah, that sounds normal for full droop. Your suspension travels though an arc, not straight up and down.

Could be upper track bar mount. Have someone you trust turn the wheel slowly though center while you lay under truck and listen/feel for the sound. You should be able to isolate it best by feel. Discos tend to make noise if dry. I grease my RE discos religiously ;)

Back