• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ACOS Alternatives for Sagging Front Coils?

2XJ

NAXJA Member #581
I have seen people talking about sagging front coils and rear leafs in here, but I have a question relating to discos:

I have a '93 XJ with 3" lift kit from Rusty's, and run JKS disconnects. My jeep sits higher on the driver side by about 3/4" measuring from ground to underside of wheel arch. I think ACOS units would allow me to fix the problem ($200), but I was wondering if you can level thinks out with the JKS units without causing additional wear and tear on the bushings or discos themselves? ($0)

Anybody have any experience trying this?

2XJ

They work great for leveling side to side like your situation. Don't forget they will give you a minimum of 1.25 inches of additional lift.

hinkley

Level out the front with the disco's???? and no wear on the disco bushes????

I'm not an expert but I'd say no.

And the ACOS, spend $200 to even out 3/4"???? Give me $100 and I'll come to you and insert a 3/4" spacer above the spring, deal?

Mark Hinkley said:
They work great for leveling side to side like your situation. Don't forget they will give you a minimum of 1.25 inches of additional lift.

Wait a minute, Hinkley - don't you have an ownership share in them?

:gag:

2XJ said:
I have seen people talking about sagging front coils and rear leafs in here, but I have a question relating to discos:

I have a '93 XJ with 3" lift kit from Rusty's, and run JKS disconnects. My jeep sits higher on the driver side by about 3/4" measuring from ground to underside of wheel arch. I think ACOS units would allow me to fix the problem ($200), but I was wondering if you can level thinks out with the JKS units without causing additional wear and tear on the bushings or discos themselves? ($0)

Anybody have any experience trying this?

2XJ

I would check your rear leaves. It's probably the passenger side one. If you can't buy new packs, try swapping rear leaf packs, like rotating your tires.

I will look at this tonight. It has had a "Detroit Lean" on it ever since I lifted it 2 years ago. And by the way, after two Ohio winters, I know why the parts are called "Rusty's". The powder coat chipped off a long time ago.

Got mine just for that purpose. One side sat 1/2" lower than the other, even at stock height. Leveled the thing right up. Since then, I've used them to compensate for more lift (4.5" to 6") and to level things back up after adding on a heavy front bumper. My opinion, they are worth the money spent, and alot easier than changing out poly spacers for different sizes in the future.

Back