• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need dakota lift height confirmation

Peanut

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I've owned a cj7 for 11 years but just bought an '01 XJ.
I've been researching dakota leaves for hours on here.
I'm looking for 2 to 2 1/2" lift on stock (not sagging too bad)
'01 XJ leaves. If I cut the main dakota leaf and insert in the XJ pack under the XJ main, shouldn't that get me there? I like the idea since full-length AAL's don't actually support the main leaf all the way to the eyes.
If so, has anyone had any issues with the dakota leaf sagging quickly?
I figured if it did, could always toss in the overload spring. Oh yeah, this is my DD and sees only minor wheeling.

Plus I've seen all kinds of opinions on ride quality using the dakota packs under the XJ main, but what about with only using the dakota main in the XJ pack?

Sorry, I know dakota leaves have been covered a million times-but I haven't been able to find answers to my specific questions.

Peanut said:
Hi, I've owned a cj7 for 11 years but just bought an '01 XJ.
I've been researching dakota leaves for hours on here.
I'm looking for 2 to 2 1/2" lift on stock (not sagging too bad)
'01 XJ leaves. If I cut the main dakota leaf and insert in the XJ pack under the XJ main, shouldn't that get me there? I like the idea since full-length AAL's don't actually support the main leaf all the way to the eyes.
If so, has anyone had any issues with the dakota leaf sagging quickly?
I figured if it did, could always toss in the overload spring. Oh yeah, this is my DD and sees only minor wheeling.

Plus I've seen all kinds of opinions on ride quality using the dakota packs under the XJ main, but what about with only using the dakota main in the XJ pack?

Sorry, I know dakota leaves have been covered a million times-but I haven't been able to find answers to my specific questions.

I have a 2.5 boost on my XJ. I used MJ shackles and the longest leaf out of the 4wd Dakota pack. It's almost full length. The front edge of the leaf is right under the forward spring eye. In addition to that, I also used the thick antiwrap leaf at the bottom of the Dakota pack. It seems to limit the amount of axle wrap that I get out of the setup. It rides better than a shackle lift/stock springs, Rubicon AAL's and stock XJ AAL's. I've tried all of them. :)

FUNKYTEE5

Back