• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Since MikeinNJ wussed out...

lobsterdmb

Just a Lobster Minion
NAXJA Member
...I was the only NAC member at winterfest. Actually, I am still in Attica but the nice bed and breakfast has high speed internet. The campground people wouldn't know about that. All in all it was a fun trip. The 12 hour drive out wasn't bad. I had a great time at badlands running the greens and the whites. Alot more sand and mud than paragon with alot less defined trails. It was still fun however. My passenger had fun riding in the creek and going down a big hill, across a creek, and back up a "big awesome hill". Thankls to Bob and Rev for leading us and showing us around. The only damage I sustained was the cb antenna which is insignificant. Dinner was great at robbies last night, although it would have been nice to go home with something. Thanks to all the guys in the midwest for putting on a great winterfest. I am heading home tomorrow. Check out my pics at http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAOGTFq0auGr74&open=1&x=1&sm=1&sl=0

lobsterdmd ... Thanks for coming out for Winterfest. I know it's a long drive for you, and I hope the experience was worth it. If you missed some of the post-run festivities in the campgrounds, you should have come out for a while. That is a big part of Winterfest ... sitting around the fire, partying if you like, and meeting a lot of good people. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to meet you at NACfest.

Thanks again ...

Les

I enjoyed running the trails with you, and your passenger. Give my best to the Garden State. Paragon in June is a definite "maybe". Have a safe ride home.

Great to have met you finally! You didn't find my wife as a stowaway in your XJ, did ya? We'll be in Jersey for NACFest, so I'll see you then.

good to meet all of you. i should have my pictures back by tuesday. im going to drop them off in the morning. i took a total of 120 pictures. I cant wait to wheel with everyone

lobsterdmb said:
... running the greens and the whites.

Sorry, had to see a man about a fire engine. :dunno:

Was looking forward to seeing some of the MWC crew - sorry to miss them too. Glad you had a good time.

And . . . speaking of wussies ..... Greens and Whites? I know of at least one NJ rig (many, many moons ago) that was a bit more energetic and tackled orange, even on 235's! Lost it's round with the golf cart (and KY's bumper) though!

Wave nice at the Pennsy troopers on the way back.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

cameraguy said:
good to meet all of you. i should have my pictures back by tuesday. im going to drop them off in the morning. i took a total of 120 pictures. I cant wait to wheel with everyone

i wanna see them (Silver old bodystyle XJ)
if you need someone to host them - lemme know

Mike in NJ said:
Sorry, had to see a man about a fire engine. :dunno:

Was looking forward to seeing some of the MWC crew - sorry to miss them too. Glad you had a good time.

And . . . speaking of wussies ..... Greens and Whites? I know of at least one NJ rig (many, many moons ago) that was a bit more energetic and tackled orange, even on 235's! Lost it's round with the golf cart (and KY's bumper) though!

Wave nice at the Pennsy troopers on the way back.

Yeah, but I drove my rig out instead of towing, so it had to be able to drive home. :wierd:

Lobsterdmb,
Thanks for waking up early on Sunday, Bob too. Had a great time wheeling with you guys. I still can't believe you made it up the steep rock hill the CJ went up. Maybe next time when I have rocker protection I'll give it another try. The picture deffinately does not do it justice.
Travis

Mike in NJ said:

To his defense, Orange was really nasty this weekend. There was a lot of body damage on Orange, just look at what happened to SeanR and Phunk's rigs.

Thanks to everybody for a great time. Special thanks to Rev, Les, and Bob for leading us around. It was nice meeting everybody, and getting to wheel with you all. Looking forward to the next meet already! Got to run green several times, ran white a couple of times, and did some playing around in the cory. No Pink or Orange although I wanted too, but like the others I had to drive my Jeep back home (300miles). Dinner and raffle was great, thanks to all who donated the prizes. Also enjoyed sitting around the fire Sat. night, lol. Should have some pics up by tonight. Thanks again to everybody!!
:cheers:

Back