• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock ?

hoytinak

NAXJA Forum User
Aren't all shocks supposed to expand on their own? I got some Rancho 9000's in the mail today, they had a wire on them which looked like it was keeping them compressed. I took the wire off and nothing, they just stayed compressed......something wrong?

Im not sure abut on car parts. But whenevever we get new suspension forks in the shop for bikes, we usually have to pull em apart a bit. Then Air may need to be added as well or NO2 or soemthing like that.

Yeah, I work in a bike shop too, If the fork uses an air cartridge for dampening sometimes they need to be pressurized(pumped up) before they will extend. I know the 9000s are adjustable, but I dont know if they are air or nitrogen or whatever. They may need to be pressurized, but I figured most shocks for jeeps would be under pressure already, did you try playing with the adjustment yet?

Back