• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHAT LIFT WITH 33"?

cherokeedude3

NAXJA Forum User
HEY chris here, if i put 33's on my xj, how big of a lift should i get..to well occupy the tires? what brands? which brands are easier to put on, which ones are harder? please reply.
~Chris Polcyn :wierd:

this is an RE 5.5 with 33" Xterrains

xjparts001.jpg

RE 3.5" with 33's

100_0702.jpg

100_0701.jpg

100_0328.jpg

100_0328.jpg

Oops, posted same pic twice. Here's the other pic of the green XJ.

100_0329.jpg

4.5 lift with bumpstops or trimming but with going 4.5 inch or higher i would suggest getting the SYE and CV drive shaft just the simple fact they are stronger than stock

GottaBeJeep said:
RE 3.5" with 33's

100_0702.jpg

100_0701.jpg

100_0328.jpg

100_0328.jpg

Looks like you guys achived the holy grail, 3.5 and 33's.
Can you give us some details on what you had to trim?
Bump Stops?
SYE?
Aftermarket trac bar?
Did you all keep you rear sway bar?

Great looking rigs, I like the tire size and the lower center of balance.
I hope to finish my 3.5 superflex tomorrow.

I hope this ain't considered hijacking,

Thanks
RBB

Ok, I figured it out. Here's mine.

90 2dr Sport
4.5" Rough Country with Teraflex LA and 2" blocks front & rear.
33/12.50 MTR's
mild trimming
D30/D35 open diffs
misc. stuff:
-Currie Steering
-Tom Woods SYE & Polished Shaft
-Teraflex Adjustable Trac Bar
-Posilock

Jeepsm3.jpg

Jeepsm2.jpg

Jeepsm1.jpg

I agree, I would like some details as well!!!! How about a close up profile pic of each fender?

RedBluffBoy said:
Looks like you guys achived the holy grail, 3.5 and 33's.
Can you give us some details on what you had to trim?
Bump Stops?
SYE?
Aftermarket trac bar?
Did you all keep you rear sway bar?

Great looking rigs, I like the tire size and the lower center of balance.
I hope to finish my 3.5 superflex tomorrow.

I hope this ain't considered hijacking,

Thanks
RBB

The lift setup is actually the DPG/RE Hybrid 4" lift from www.dpgoffroad.com, but uses the RE 3.5" kit. It is a great riding setup and does keep the center of gravity very low. The trimming and bumpstops I did just like in my tech articles of my website. No better pictures of those two rigs, but you can get an idea just how they were setup with the trimming/bumpstops here: www.rocklizardfabrications.com

Let me know if you have anymore questions about that setup.

GottaBeJeep said:
The lift setup is actually the DPG/RE Hybrid 4" lift from www.dpgoffroad.com, but uses the RE 3.5" kit. It is a great riding setup and does keep the center of gravity very low. The trimming and bumpstops I did just like in my tech articles of my website. No better pictures of those two rigs, but you can get an idea just how they were setup with the trimming/bumpstops here: www.rocklizardfabrications.com

Let me know if you have anymore questions about that setup.

yup heres another of the trimming
f4e98930.jpg.thumb.jpg

RedBluffBoy said:
Thanks Gottabe
Great site. Now I gotta talk Mama otta some money.

Oh, forgot to mention, both of those rigs have the RE "hack and tap" SYE and High Angle Drivelines CV driveshaft.

lor5 and cheepxj have 33's on stock height xj's and mj's respectively... how clean do you want your body lines?

Another 4.5" lift with 33s. I used the RE 4.5" superflex kit. Couldnt really move around much without trimming the fronts slightly. Couldnt really flex without trimming more. I have moderate trimming in the front and cant get it to rub if I try. None in the rear yet. I dont rub back there unless Im really flexing it out.

648974_37_full.jpg

Driveway flexing with wayyy too much bumpstop. I had almost 4 inches of bumpstop in the front. I installed it during the lift install to be safe...and took them out soon after taking these pics.

[IMG/http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/648000-648999/648974_34_full.jpg[/IMG]

One more of the front while flexed alittle.

648974_40_full.jpg

Justin

Back