• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple o'pics...

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
Just got Home...

thanks to everyone for making it out... Awesome turnout!!!

thanks to BG and T-Girl for sleeping arrangements... Rock on!

thanks to John, Les, and everyone else who provided the firewood...

NO Thanks to that miserable turd from Oklahomo for throwing hay bales in the campfire...

thanks to Rev for leading Green and misc. spots...

thanks to Bob for being my bad influence in the quarry and for justifying the new Hi-lift...

thanks to Swap, Rev and XJFang for helping me make my damage drivable...

somebody's bound to have pics or video of me playing pogo on the ledge...

I'll let the guys that ran the different trails do their summaries...

just a few teaser pics..

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

Fang showing off his campfire cooking skills....
DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

SeanR and Phunk showing Orange Trail results...
DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Last edited:
effers some of us are caring for every dumb ass with the flu and had to work, least I know I'm in good company, what rd missed 2

I definitly had a great time and like i said my membership dues are now in the mail now for sure looking forward to goin out again with you guys
thanx again john

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm sorry I couldn't make it down, I have some sudden issuses to deal with in the new house.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Just got Home...

NO Thanks to that miserable turd from Oklahomo for throwing hay bales in the campfire...

[/IMG]

???? What you talkin about Willis????

I've got Gil's ledge adventure on video. You can actually see the moment the axle slipped off the perches. I am going to make some DVDs of it. It was pretty cool to watch. His is the black rig with tube bumpers in LobsterDMBs pictures, in his post.

Thanks for the good times and everyone who has posted pix so far!

Sorry, I didn't take many pix as I was having too much fun!

Did the Green with REV, played in the quarry, then White, then we struck out on our own and did the back side of Orange (the hills and ridge on the back side, and along the return road), then the puddle on the begining of the Green trail. Then for fun, we went back in Green ( the old way), then took the trail along the back of the ridge connecting the three sand rows.

I pussed out of doing the whole Orange trail. It's usually a good time, but I didn't know how much water was in the "troth", and I figured the 1/2 way point was a mud/winch fest.
( Besides- I had to drive the Jeep to work this morning ;) )

I watched, but was too astounded to take photos of that wrangler with 38's try the mini dump-bump Gil wrapped up on. He tried our "bump" methode and got damn near a foot of air (and 5deg from vertical!) on each try. He quit when I heard a big "SNAP!" from some poor drive line part...

Anyway, here's the only ones I took. This is from the quarry at 1/2 time. Click on the file name and it'll open.
http://www.madcitycherokee.org/trips/NAXJAwinterfest/

It doesn't work, because NAXJA comes ups as an image. Just type in the Naxja, http://www.madcitycherokee.org/trips/(Type it in here)winterfest/.

RNMedic said:
effers some of us are caring for every dumb ass with the flu and had to work, least I know I'm in good company, what rd missed 2

Yes I did - and it bit! All in all it was a lousy weekend. I miss Winterfest and then my beloved ILLINI take a dump to OSU.

jeeplas said:
At least there is no pictures of that! :laugh3:

Are you sure about that??:rof:

xjmyjeep said:
It doesn't work, because NAXJA comes ups as an image. Just type in the Naxja, http://www.madcitycherokee.org/trips/(Type it in here)winterfest/.

Very sorry about that guys! When I made up the directory name, I forgot about the forum software's tendancy to take the word " N A X J A " and sub a graphic.

THis will work:
http://tinyurl.com/4fpp6

Got your PM, Gil. I take care of that in the next day or two.

....meanwhile,
this is what a diff looks like when it wants to change directions:
f4e6864d.jpg

here's Gil and Tim in a furious wrenchfest:
f4e68653.jpg

and...well, you guys can sub-title this :laugh3:
f4e68658.jpg

Steve

Back