• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrew Bumpers

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, I've been gathering up some steel the last two days, and this coming week i'm going to have some spare time so my friend and i are going to make a front bumper. I was wondering if anyone on here, could post some pictures and measurements of their homemade front bumpers if they dont mind. I searched around but i thought i'd get some fresh pictures and ideas. Thanks Everyone!!

Dave

Painted%202.JPG

Painted%201.JPG

If you finish off the ends xj moser then that would be one of the sweetest bumpers I have seen for a cherokee.--------I really like it-------Kyle

That bumper is nice, what all did you use to make it?

hey thanks for that link, i remember looking at that awhile ago, and for some reason i couldn't find it when i was searching before, oh well, thank you though!

1109561620_winch.jpg

I just cut the original bumper with a 45o on either end, and extended the frame rails with some 4x4x1/4 angle iron, added an old tj winch mount and wallaw

Badcop said:
1109561620_winch.jpg

I just cut the original bumper with a 45o on either end, and extended the frame rails with some 4x4x1/4 angle iron, added an old tj winch mount and wallaw
Ya know, as fugly as that is I kinda like it.

r@m

This one's on a TJ, but you might be able to use some of the ideas it incorporates. Some design elements are universal and transend from one model to another. I like the way the builder kept it narrow and the use of polystyrene thermo polymer (1/8") to eliminate the potential for rust. The fiinish is DuPont 86 Ford truck "Misty Silver Grey".

Awsome, I know.

I'm sure many of you guys have seen this Jeep around. No, it's not mine. It belongs to one of NAXJA's Chicago members. If anyone has some more pics of this bumper, post up. I'd like to see a shot of the mounting brackets to see how they tie into the frame rails.

Barbie_Jeep.jpg

Back