• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help! money to spend!

mack

NAXJA Forum User
well, i have some money saved up for a new mod, but to many deals and too little cash, i lookin at a warn m8000 or a (new) used set of 35" BFG ko's on 15x8 rockcrawlers, i can get the tires for $450 and still have some cash left over, but, a winch sounds real good!!
I'm tryin to get a little feedback from you guy's on what would be the best one to do now, right now i have 33's with alot of room for the 35's, as for the winch, i have a hanson winch bumper, but, i would have to get a fairlead mount.
So any input to help me make up my mind would be great!:helpme:
thank's

well since yoyu already have a winch front bumper and 33's i would go for a winch since 33's and a winch will get you allot further than 35's and no winch.

What winches are you looking at, and do you have skids for everything? if not get that definatley before you spend that money on 35's.

i'm all set on the skids, rock sliders, t-case, diff, gas, for the winch i'm lookin at the warn m8000....all i can afford.

i plan on buying http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=1760&ProductId=7672

its like $50 more than the roller fairlead version of the m8000, and can pull an extra 1/2 ton... linespeed might suffer slightly but it'll pull 9k lbs @ 350amps where the m8000 will pull 8k lbs @ 435amps.... warn is a good brand from what ive read/heard, but so is superwinch... the m8000 is 40lbs lighter, but the epi9000 has an extra 25' of slightly thicker cable, and IMO a better designed load release system....

just thought i'd share my opinion, Im probably going with the SW, but both of them kick ass as far as I can see... :)

really depends if you have the gear and axle to run 35s. if not then get the winch no question, or spend the money on upgrading your axles so you can have some 35s. also do you wheel alone much? if not a winch might not be necessary if you have a good strap

there goes the disappearing edit button again...

do you have lockers? 33s locked will get you further than 35s open, something else to think about

yeah i've got the lockers, but, not the gear for the 35's, i do wheel a little by myself, but more so with a club.

not to thread jack, but are costly electrical system upgrades necessary for the "average joe winch user"???.... I read about people doing battery (Optima or whatever) and alternator upgrades when they add these winches.....

n00b question I know, but he's on a budget and wants a winch, and so do I (after other things are done first, of course)

crap! i hope not...all i have is a yellow top optima.

that was my bad, i have a red top, i would have fixed it, IF the edit button was not gone!!!

Thread Hi-Jack...sorta

I went to the link for 4wheelonline and saw the comments:
Mile Marker - Military Grade
Super winch - Race proven
Ramsey Winch - Commercial Choice
Warn - Just Another Winch :gag:

It wouldn't hurt to upgrade the electrical system.
Tom

it wouldnt hurt but it is not necessary, just try and keep the rpms up a tad when winching

Back