• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 lockright

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
just got thru reading the booklet for my new locker... looks real easy.
1st question? how important is the hardened cross shaft? ill probably get it anyways but i just wanted to throw the Q out there...
2nd question.... it also mentions that if the diff carrier is worn it might not work well.. is this a common thing or just a "worse-case" they threw in for info purposes? i plan to do the axle seals and bearings while im at .. the unit i want to put it in has @250000 miles on it... i have another with 1/2 that milage but only 3.07's... i plan on getting in there with some feeler guages but do these carriers normally wear?
TIA
mc

I would (did) get the hardened shaft.
Read the instructions again, I believe mine had a measurement to take to see if the carrier needed to be replaced.

yeah i read about the measurement to take....... was just wondering how common this "worn" condition is... cause it would be a real pisser if i had to get a new carrier... at that point i'd probably just spool it.. thanx JnJ
mc

Back