• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd Idle only when stopped

Silverxj2000

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ, 4.0 with about 97k miles on it. Just last night, only when at a stop light the idle drops to 250 rpms or less and it occasionally dies. Is this related to IAC, TPS, or CPS. The funny thing is when you first start it, it idles right at 750rpms then once it has been running for 2 or 3 minutes then it starts to act up. Any ideas

Thanks

mine does this too, only it doesn't die. i have 17000 less miles, but i am starting to think its related to the timing as controlled by the engine controll module...or whatever senses the position of the crank/cam....but i also have the added misfortune of the #3 cylinder not sparking at the right time...i have started easy with changing plugs and have been moveing on to sensors...the coil rail seems suspect but have no information on how long these things are supposed to last, so i will have it tested and see...i am looking forward to more info on this post. sorry i have no definate answers for you.
N

Back