• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another tire thread

wrecked

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching through tire threads on this site and have found alot of different reviews for tires in mud and what not, but I need to find a good tire for sand.

I always find myself in sand or really soft fine dirt and my current tires just suck in that stuff. I need to change sizes soon as well.

So what do ya'll recomend for a tire that does well in sand, hard pack, maybe a bit of rocks and water hole bottoms and a little bit of wet mud(none of that super thick mucky junk though). I stay away from the mud and its never deep at all if I go through it.

I was kind of looking at some of the Mickey Thompsons but I didnt really find much of a review on any of them.

Maxxis tires are pretty tempting to look into as well. I've run there tires on my BMX and Mountain bikes and they are stickier than anything I have ever seen. I know that as we started selling some of the new cannondales, we've had to recomend customers to swap out tires if they don't like the thought of being slowed down by their tires. Haha, you can even hear the tires suctioning to the ground. Especially on High Rollers.

Anyway, I'd like some good recomendations. I'll be going with a 33" tire if that effects anything.

i ran one buckshot maxxis mudder and it was quite awful. loud as hell bad traction on the trails and ran very small for its size. might want to look into parnelli jones dirt grip, dont know alot about them, but somewhere to look. seems to ahve a nice tread, adn with a name like dirt grip. it might be what your looking for

I've never owned a set, but I've heard Interco STS's do very well in sand - the widest you can go for better flotation if it's all soft.

Would an aggressive treaded All terrain tire be best suited for sand? I know that the MTR is an aggressive AT, not too sure on the performance in sand though.

Another one that looked pretty decent are the Interco Trxus Mud. I think j33p3r got some on his, but I dont remember what he thought of them.

Back