• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Liberty Brakes

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
I just found a wrecked Liberty with the 8.25 rear axle and rear discs. The housing is bent, so I was able to negotiate a pretty good price for all the rear brake components.

If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate it if you could pm me or email me any info.

Everything I've found in the archives in has been about modifying ZJ brakes to fit.

Also, if anyone out there has a Liberty, could you take a picture of what the brake hardware is supposed to look like so I have something to go by? Thanks.

Geoff C.
[email protected]

gcam said:
I just found a wrecked Liberty with the 8.25 rear axle and rear discs. The housing is bent, so I was able to negotiate a pretty good price for all the rear brake components.

If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate it if you could pm me or email me any info.

Everything I've found in the archives in has been about modifying ZJ brakes to fit.

Also, if anyone out there has a Liberty, could you take a picture of what the brake hardware is supposed to look like so I have something to go by? Thanks.

Geoff C.
[email protected]

I've been interested in doing this too. What all did you scavenge off the Libby? I've gotta find a suitable donor.

roke40 said:
I've been interested in doing this too. What all did you scavenge off the Libby? I've gotta find a suitable donor.

The guy I bought the stuff off is a Jeeper. I told him I wanted all rear brake hardware. he said, "Including backing plates?"

"Yup, everything."

"Including all e-brake hardware?"

"Everything."

"You want the calipers?"

"Yup."

"So basically you want everything related to the back brakes."

"Yup."

"$200."

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm expecting that a low miles 2004 Liberty will still have all the back brakes in decent shape. and that's $200 Canadian. I don't think I could get get them any cheaper, especially since with this guy I don't have to pay shipping.

Geoff

Can't help ya on the tech, but here's a few pics I just shot.

kj%20001.jpg

kj%20002.jpg

kj%20003.jpg

Dunno if that helps or not, but that's what they look like.

Back