• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" Block and Coil Lift

AngryDog

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I pretty much decided on a 2" block and coil lift, mostly for looks. I do go onto some backroads and a few pretty smooth fields but only for hunting. So if I go with the F 150 coils and 2" blocks will I need a camber kit or will I be able to get this setup aligned? Will I need longer brake hoses? Anything else to look out for?

not familiar with a camber kit. you'll be fine on brake lines will be fine. alignmentwill be ok. instead of going that route, look into what rocklizardfabrications did. someone might be kind enough to post a link. w/it you can get the height you want and an even better ride

AngryDog said:
OK, I pretty much decided on a 2" block and coil lift, mostly for looks. I do go onto some backroads and a few pretty smooth fields but only for hunting. So if I go with the F 150 coils and 2" blocks will I need a camber kit or will I be able to get this setup aligned? Will I need longer brake hoses? Anything else to look out for?

Is your setup stock now? I'd say go for a coil spacer up front and either a shackle or add-a-leaf in the rear, the F 150 coils will be real stiff and the 2 inch blocks will kill your rear springs most likley. Your brake lines should be alright. Try searching around here on Budget Boots, theres a couple good sites where it shows you how you can use different salvage yard parts to lift your vehicle if your on a budget..such as using dakota leafs.

Dave

Back