• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear view mirror

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
it's the stupid little things like this that really pisses me off! :flamemad: my rear view mirror decided to fall off today. not just off the base the mirror screws into, but the whole damn thing. what adhesive would be the best to put the mirror back on.

Fuel90 said:
what adhesive would be the best to put the mirror back on.

Whatever's in the appropriate aisle at your local Pep Boys / Autozone / Kragen / etc. Seriously, just swing by and ask them for mirror adhesive. Bring money or other numismatic tokens with which to purchase it.

Two 1/2 long taped screws, from the outside, drill and thread the little metal base and don't foget to countersink them so they won't catch the windshield wipers :laugh3:

Just spend a buck on mirror repair kit of their superglue for that purpose... clean the old stuff off first..

I tried two different types of adhesive over the years...

Finally got tired of the damn thing falling off, so the last time (2 years ago) I scuffed the very small area on the glass and the small mounting plate with emery cloth...and used JB Weld to adhere that bitch. :D Hasn't come off yet. ;)

Back