• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Serp Belt??

Backdraft

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I'm trying to get the serp belt off my 90 xj 4.0. its been so long since the last time ive done it i forgot how. I know the PS pump is where the adjustment is, but when I screw the adjustment bolt in or out, the pump doesnt move. Anyone done this more recently than i have? Thanks as always.

Mike

You have to loosen all the bolts that hold the pump to the bracket. I've forgotten just how many -- seemed like a bazillion last time I did an alternator. There's a couple you can reach from on top in the front, and a couple or three more you have to get from underneath and rear.

Thanks Eagle

Your right on the bazillion bolts. good thing is I dont think the pump would go anywhere when all mounted up..LOL

I'll go back into the garage and start ripping it all up and see what happens.

Mike

Well, got it loose, replaced the altenator and got it back together. Ends up there was a bolt in the back towards the bottom that wasnt loose yet preventing it all to move. Thanks Eagle for the input.

Mike

Back