• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB bumpers

I run the arb bull bar. It's heavy, strong, holds a winch, heavy, oh yeah already said that.
A good thing about it is that it picks up every available mounting hole in the frame rail that there is short of making new ones. That adds a level of comfort that you won't pull it off when winching.
It needs to be cut to fit when you get to the fender cutting phase of your rig modifications.
It's Very expensive.
It's heavy, opps there it is again.
Haven't had any specific issues with approach angle interference.
It goes it's job, bounces off trees just fine.
But it's Heavy.
If I had to do it again? If I couldnt find or make one lighter that picked up the same number of mounting points, I'd buy another one.
My $.02

01XJ

I run an ARB on my dd but wouldn't buy one again for the reasons XJ_ranger said. I've scratched a lot of powder coat off the corners and put a noticable twist in it running into a rock that put a good dent in it too. I don't think the steel on the ARB is as heavy as the bumpers XJ_ranger listed.

As long as the bumper has a good mounting system, which most HQ bumpers do, I would be more worried about the thickness of the steel, and then looks since I'm really just a poser....lol :paperwork

seen to many pictures of them twisted or torn half off. i wouldnt buy one

C85D4x4 said:
post some of the pics
dont have then on hand, say them posted on this board though

I haven't run an ARB bumper but I've wheeled with plenty of friends who have. They will tweak if dropped hard on a rock on one corner....which will happen. They are too big and hit too much....bad overall clearance.

There are much better choices out there. Some of the guys I know don't have them anymore.

Goatman said:
I haven't run an ARB bumper but I've wheeled with plenty of friends who have. They will tweak if dropped hard on a rock on one corner....which will happen. They are too big and hit too much....bad overall clearance.

There are much better choices out there. Some of the guys I know don't have them anymore.

I have seen my share fold up too! I am running the protofab unit now much better clearance, heaver steel. This unit I ahve on my MJ was in a collision with a tree at 25 mph would have folded up the ARB but took the tree down and just barely scratched the bumper, this is protofabs prototype they let me use.
picture.JPG

Back