• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homeaid slider advice

tripletsjeepin

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm not a skilled fabricator but I can weld. I want to make some rock sliders. Ideas and or plans would be great. Where are the best places for frame supports and what thickness of metal would you recommend. I was thinking about a square tube design with a step for door protection and aid getting to my roof rack. I am going to do a set on my Bro-in-laws 88 grand Wagoneer. I'm sure we can get ideas off what we make here. I just want to have a simple yet strong design that won't cave in on the first rock. Thanks

im in the process of doing this right now. I decided to cut out my rusted rockers completely and im using 4x4 3/16's wall steel. I used the crossmember mounts as well as bolting in through the side of the framerail. For the second brace I used the spot in teh pinch seam taht already had a small cut out. (its like .5"x1")
ILl take pics when im finished. hmm a step you say that might be somthing to think about if i can find a tubing bender..

good luck

This is great guys thanks. This should give me enough ideas to start. I'm sure once I get started it will go ok. It may take me a month or so to get it all completed but I will post up some pic when I Get-R-Done.

Back