• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oxygen Sensor compatibility

AZcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
I need to change the O2 sensor on my '90, but I have a '93 HO in it. My question is, are the O2 sensors compatible between the 2 computer types (plug size, etc.). When I first put the engine in with a Borla header the port for the sensor is about 1.5 ft further downstream from the port on my old header. I had to splice in wire extensions, so if the different years use the same plug, maybe I can just get a sensor with longer wires for a '93?

AZcrawler said:
I need to change the O2 sensor on my '90, but I have a '93 HO in it. My question is, are the O2 sensors compatible between the 2 computer types (plug size, etc.). When I first put the engine in with a Borla header the port for the sensor is about 1.5 ft further downstream from the port on my old header. I had to splice in wire extensions, so if the different years use the same plug, maybe I can just get a sensor with longer wires for a '93?

The engine and distance in mounting position shouldn't matter much but you should use whatever sensor is meant for your ECU. If you kept the Renix MPI, use the older 02 designed for Renix. If you have the '93 Chrys ECU/system, use that family of 02.

Back