• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About To Order Gears...

LouisianaZJ

NAXJA Member #1362
im regearing the front HP30 to 4.56, currently has lockright

the rear is already regeared, but i will be installing a new pinion yoke and seal

double checking my list

www.completeoffroad.com
D44 pinion nut and washer $5
D44 pinion seal $7
D44 yoke and ubolts

2 spicer 760x ujoints $48
3.73 D30 carrier $60
4.56 reverse gears (yukon) $114
master install kit d30 reverse $74
inner tube seals D30 $16
lockright spring kit $26 (seems high)

2 new 1310 u joints for the shafts, might as well $28

stuff i already sourced:
for shafts i will be running a ghetto combo of alloys
pass side- superior evo's inner and outer $150 used
drivers- new warn alloy inner $110
-new alloy outer $125
crane cover $100 used

do the prices seem about right? missing anything i should also be getting or changing? i almost hate spending this much on a Dturdy, oh well.

btw, the gear installer wants $250 labor for one axle, this was the cheapest i could find. the other shops wanted $450 or $500 per axle

LouisianaZJ said:
btw, the gear installer wants $250 labor for one axle, this was the cheapest i could find. the other shops wanted $450 or $500 per axle
i assume they want that much if you just leave the rig with them and they disassemble everything? my local gear shop wants about that.. but if i bring him a stripped down housing with no shafts its only $150... sometimes its worth the effort to take it apart yourself.. as long as you have a place to do it..

sidriptide said:
i assume they want that much if you just leave the rig with them and they disassemble everything? my local gear shop wants about that.. but if i bring him a stripped down housing with no shafts its only $150... sometimes its worth the effort to take it apart yourself.. as long as you have a place to do it..

That's all we charge...provided the stripped down housing is still in the vehicle. ;) Half the labor is pulling the wheels/calipers/rotors/inner shafts.

LouisianaZJ said:
yeah i could probably pull it and do that, might be more trouble than its worth though

It's your money, not to mention the shop trying to sell you extra stuff (unibearings, ball joints, etc) that you don't want to afford right now. ;) "Hey while we're in there..."

LouisianaZJ said:
4.56 reverse gears (yukon) $114
master install kit d30 reverse $74
I think for about $175.00, you can get a Dana/Spicer gear set and it'll have most of your install parts. (?)
And they'll be Dana/Spicer gears, not Yukon's.

Dana 30 4:56 R&P Reverse Cut Kit DAN706930-6X
has everything except the carrier bearings

Last edited:
Fullsizexj said:
Dana 30 4:56 R&P Reverse Cut Kit DAN706930-6X
has everything except the carrier bearings
can you PM me a price for the above parts, plus carrier bearings and the tube seals.

D44 pinion nut and washer $5
2 spicer 760x ujoints $48
3.73 D30 carrier $60
4.56 reverse gears (dana) /master install kit d30 reverse
inner tube seals D30
lockright spring kit

would that dana install kit include everything that's in the master install kits like bolts and shims?
thanks

louisiana shipping

LouisianaZJ said:
thats not to bad a price. what city was that in?

on a side note if you decide to take the above action of pulling the shafts and all that apart for them to set up gears rember to leave the stub shafts in the hubs they hold the hub together and without them it will seperate.

Back