• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Offroad Bumpers

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone with direct experience with JCR Offroad and their front bumpers. I wont get into my experiences yet but am wondering who may have one of Brian's bumpers and what you thought of them.

Anyone??

Out of Southern MI right?

I have talked to him a few times on the phone, seems like a good guy. I have done some very small business with him, all was ok. His stuff seems well built.

Why?

Jason

I have no personal experience with his bumpers, but he seems like a nice enough guy, I am planning on getting a front bumper from him this summer, the price is Def. Right.....

Bought and paid for a bumper over a month ago... still no bumper. Each phone call I get "it'll ship Monday, Tomorrow, Friday, new powder coater, picking up today, tomorrow" etc...

Just kinda hopin' it's worth the wait. If not... or it doesn't show up soon... ROAD TRIP

:hang:

Rocketman said:
Bought and paid for a bumper over a month ago... still no bumper. Each phone call I get "it'll ship Monday, Tomorrow, Friday, new powder coater, picking up today, tomorrow" etc...

Just kinda hopin' it's worth the wait. If not... or it doesn't show up soon... ROAD TRIP

I never met him or talked to him, (he is on the other side of the state from me), but he has a real nice reputation on michiganjeepers.com and sounds like a standup guy. If there are problems i bet they are legit. I think he builds stuff to order, and the prices are very reasonable, if the powder coater jerks his chain there isn't allot he can do besides get another powder coater, which WOULDN'T HELP you at this point. :wave: I bet your excited and from reputation i think you will be happy. His stuff is a really good value!

Even with the big guys stuff gets back ordered damaged in shipping, mislabed etc. And in comparison the have limitless resources so give the guy a break :lecture: Plus i do belive he cares, all the big outfits that can't always be said.

I'm trying to be patient, just hoping the patience is worth it. His prices are nice and the bumper looks like it's pretty good for my needs. I'm not planning any trips to Moab soon but Attica and a Jeep Jamboree are coming up.

Maybe I'm just an impatient urbanite who's used to instant gratification. :rattle::rattle::rattle::rattle::rattle:

I have one, shipping took a couple of weeks. Had no problems with the guys. I'm sure there more to it than trying to stiff ya.

Rocketman said:

I can relate to what he is saying. Been there myself, and sometimes things are out of your hands when you have to outsource certain things and you are at the mercy of the powdercoater or steel supplier or whatever. Although it is difficult for a customer to wait, manufacturers do greatly appreciate your patience and understanding, and I think you will be very happy with your purchase. I have recently noticed that there product quality has improved a lot over the last year, so I think you will be happy. As much business as they do, I know they won't delay unless they have a very good reason.

looked at their bumpers, but wondered why they sold the bumper mounting system seperately? i would think that any bumper with stuff to pull on - especialy a reciever - should have integrated mounts included... or a company takes a risk of people pulling their bumpers off with a recovery and injuring themselves.

that said - i really like the style and look of thoes bumpers...

-Ranger

I have dealt with Brian of JCR and he is a top notch guy. His bumper is NICE. I recently bolted one on the front of my XJ and am very happy with it.

I had one of those bumpers. They treated me well and I liked the bumper. Hang in there--I think he's probably doing everything above board, just unforseen stuff getting in the way.

Came home from work and sitting on the front porch was El Bumpo...

Unwrapped and things look pretty nice. We'll see how the install goes tomorrow. May have to play hooky from work, at least in the AM to get this pup on. Brian's new powder coater is good. Nice even finish.

I'll document this with pics for a "tech article."

I have the Stage 3, no front receiver, and a hoop. Also have the Unibody tie-ins. The one side acts as a steering box reinforcement. They are beefy as hell.

more to follow....

Back