• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Top Bellhousing Bolts??? Help!

heydave

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of pulling a 4.0 out of a Comanche but those top two bolts have me at a standstill! Anyone know the size of the bolt so I can go get a socket. It is the reverse torx pattern.
Thanks for any help.
Dave

They require an E12 "external" Torx socket. There has been limited success reported using a 12-point of some size, but those are bolts I don't care to play around with.

Here's the good news - they're a standard thread. I think I replaced mine with 3/8"-16x1.5" or somewhere in there - I'm sure about the thread - just not the length. Grade 8 recommended

The old bolts? Apply the US Navy Floatation Test - toss them in a large body of water. If they float, keep them.

5-90

12 pnt worked for me, BUT it took two people, one to turn the rachet, and one to hold it in place. took about 6 minutes for both bolts, and nothing got stripped.

Back