• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed rear buckets (pics)

Badcop

NAXJA Forum User
So Ive answered alot of people to how I did mine and Ive been sitting on the pics a while, so here they are. I cut a 40" peice of 2x2 steel and bolted it to the front lip of the origianl seat. I cut 2 14" sections 0f 1.5x1.5 and bolted it to the floor right next to the seatbelts. I welded 4 total 2" wide by 1/8 flat stock accross to act as frame rails and bolted the seats to them. The 4 3/8" bolts I used to attach it to the floor had the heads welded so all I have to do to pull it out is to undo 4 nuts.

1109728749_dscf0464.jpg

1109728792_dscf0465.jpg

Mental note, cardboard is not a good welding protection to the interior.

I have never thought of putting buckets in the rear. The installation looks clean, but how much head room and leg room is there.

Any thing has to be better than stock though. But I imagine that if it is really cold out you would sit down on nice and crunchy seats.

I actually got into some super cheap seats at pepboys, and they really weren't that bad. They seemed more comfy for longer trips anyway, adding more back support. Maybe when I add those, I'll move the front seats to the rear. But yea, how much head room is there with buckets?

At 6' 250lbs, its not bad, theres plenty of headroom, I cant "stretch out" but who can in the back. I designed it for the kids. I like the seats, there not the best, but for the price of the 100$ I spent on all 4 of em, there great. I added "eggcrate" under the cover to make em more sqooshy, thats seems to have worked for now.

Back