• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding Power windows and Door Locks in 2Dr

KarmirXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 XJ 2 Door sport with manuel door/ window locks I want to convert them to Power just like the ones like the ones from a limited. also I would like to ad power Side mirrors. Has anybody done this? Summer is here in So CAL is very hot, im kinda short so I have a hard time streching to crank the pass window down or fix the pass mirror. anbody have any ideas to help me out?

BTW: Im hoping I can go to the junkyard and pull the parts I need from a Limited XJ. I dont want to spend 400-500 on Power window aftermarket kits... Wil this be possible?:confused:

Its possible, I got the window motors from a junkyard. 4 doors for 90 bucks. Then I got a custom switch kit from the net for around 130 bucks. Pretty cheap, and it works great.

I'm doing just the opposite. Changing my power to manual in my 93, I parted a jeep with manual windows and everything is bolting right up. The differance is the door panels, where they're cut for the handles, for me it's no big deal cuz I have to cut, you'll have a hole in your door panel where the crank was/is.

The custom switch kit I was talking about is just a set of power window switches from any website/location you find and like. With the kit I also got a complete wiring harness for the switches as well as little round plugs to cover up the holes that the hand cranks went thru. Give me an hour or so and I'll see if i can find the switches I got.

Mike

PS: I really didnt dig the look or location of the factory switches. I had those funny little cupholders that mount above the e-brake. Used a dremel and cut out 2 holes in the front of the cupholders and popped the switches in there.

Last edited:
i know you said you dont want an aftermarket kit, but the kit from quadratec is 220 plus shipping. i installed it and it is a nice unit. took all the quess work out.

just a thought

I did exactly what you want to do, with my 1984 Chief.

The windows kit came from Electric Life, they have one for the XJ.

http://www.electric-life.com/preview/images/app/app-jeep.html

Part number JE01-K. I think their price for the whole kit in USA is around 220 US$, very easy to mount.

The door locks I am not sure of their origine, they were generic actuators I think, tapped to my alarm.

Back