• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift needed for a Nubie

Roachman3700

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for someone who has just reciently upgraded and looking to get rid of there old stuff. I have an 88 2 Door XJ 4.0l 6c

New to the whole XJ thing and not sure what I need :) However from what I have researched sofar I would need

4 Shocks
AAL or full Leaf pack
2 Springs up front

Any other advice or help would be great.

Thanks,
Dan

Ya, I just went 3.5 and I am doing everything I can not to order spacers and shackles. Find some 4.5 or 6" springs. Order a full rear Leaf pack. Get some disconnects, longer brake lines, lower control arms, and shocks. While you are at it, save up some money for a new Double Cardain driveshaft, SYE, tires, and wheels. If you do it right, it won't feel like you have wasted the money when you are done.

I agree, also being new to Jeeps, I installed a Pro Comp 3" lift and now I wish I had gone with atleast a 5" kit. Currently looking to buy 2" spacers and S-10 rear leaf pack with shackles for that little bit more lift. Whatever size lift you decide to go with, make sure you spend the extra for a rear spring pack. AALs are too stiff.

Randy

Back