• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front DS

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, i've been searching around for awhile, and by the way it looks like it, most people agree that you can run a front stock xj drive shaft in the rear with an SYE....now my question is can is there anyway you can run the fron drive shaft in the rear with out getting a SYE, or is that impossible? by the way its a 97 xj...thanks guys i was just wondering.

Dave

you will need a sye. get the RE hack and tap, its about $80 for your year. buy the adapter for the flange to use the front shaft. at the same time, get it made to the right length and get new ujoints. for about $150 you can get the same results as the $450 i spent on a shitty RE shaft that isnt balanced and the hack and tap. good luck, i wish i had gone that route.

-chris

Wondo said:
Hey everyone, i've been searching around for awhile, and by the way it looks like it, most people agree that you can run a front stock xj drive shaft in the rear with an SYE....now my question is can is there anyway you can run the fron drive shaft in the rear with out getting a SYE, or is that impossible? by the way its a 97 xj...thanks guys i was just wondering.

Dave

well then your shaft would be trying to slip to allow for pinion/t-case distance change - as well as your -tcase output - bad, cause some funky angles that Jeep didnt design for

also to make a front shaft with the DC end mount you would have to modify the t-case output a lot (read shave, drill, and tap) and i dont think that it would be strong enough at that point...

Back