• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How hard to fit a pre-96 mopar gas skid to a 97+?

nateo101

NAXJA Forum User
I have heard of guys doing it but not sure how. I can find dozens of pre-96 xj's in junk yards but hard pressed to even find a 97+. How hard is it to get one of those to fit?

Thanks

i heard its really tough, and not even worth it. Im looking for a 97+ skid as well they are hard to find, but you can get an aftermarket one real easy. Just go for that. Like I said fabbing the 96 to work on a 97+ is really not worth it.

jeepguy97 said:
ZJ gas tank skids from 97 and newer will fit an XJ.
thought it was around 93-98

ZJ tank skid on an XJ?

I've read something about this before, and need to find out the verdict on this, so I can get a ZJ one for my '00 XJ.

Skid Row's site shows the same part number for the '93-'98 ZJ and the '97-'01 XJ. This would lead me to believe it was true. But I called, and the guy who answered says he doesn't think it would. Maybe just trying to get me to buy theirs.

How about a final answer on this swap? Will the '93-'98 ZJ tank skid fit a '97-'01 XJ?

Re: ZJ tank skid on an XJ?

Sterling90XJ said:
I've read something about this before, and need to find out the verdict on this, so I can get a ZJ one for my '00 XJ.

Skid Row's site shows the same part number for the '93-'98 ZJ and the '97-'01 XJ. This would lead me to believe it was true. But I called, and the guy who answered says he doesn't think it would. Maybe just trying to get me to buy theirs.

How about a final answer on this swap? Will the '93-'98 ZJ tank skid fit a '97-'01 XJ?

Yes it will, you just have to line it up and drill a couple new holes in the skid plate.

Back