• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sidewall tear, anything i can do?

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
i put about an 1" long tear in my basically new tire this weekend and was wondering if htere is anyhting i can do to fix it. the hole is about 1" long but it is sliced for about 3" or so that did not tear through. its probably worthless but just thought i would ask. thanks

sorry, anything you try will just break loose the next time you flex the tires. plus at highway speeds the sidewall may blow apart in which case the the damage to the under chassis will prolly be more than the cost of the tire. If it's a trail only rig and you find something that works let us know.

-ro

its my DD so dont want to take any chances. i did manage to pick up a nearly new 33" for 50$. was really just checking to see if there were any hopes of using it as a spare as my current one is a 31. if not its time to get one more and find a place for it

Put a tube in it and use it as a spare, like Okie Terry's Frankenspare.

spent a while searching to try and find some info on using a tube but came up short. so a tube will be good to use, how will it be if its needed to get me home 200 miles from the trail, and can it be ran on the trail without much worry?

do you have road hazzard protection? take it back and get them to replace it for free...

i will next time :doh:

Back