• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blazer driveshaft question

XtremeJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a front full size Chevy Blazer cv driveshaft. It has 1310 u-joints on one end and 1350 joints on the cv side. There is a flange with holes 3" center to center which is the same as an 8.8 rear. Can I use the cv side on the 8.8 rear diff side and bolt the 1310 side to a HD SYE?

I believe that the CV side needs to be at the tcase end. The point of running that type of a shaft is to reduce the angles at the u joints. The u joint at the axle end is perfectly inline once the pinion is pointed up, and at the Tcase side, since you cant point it down, the cv section acts as two u joints and reduces the angle on each joint. Hope you understand that.

I figured the angle at the t-case would be adjusted by the cv joint in the rear. it would be nice to have the 1350 joint and the driveshaft seems beefy.

XtremeJ said:
I figured the angle at the t-case would be adjusted by the cv joint in the rear.

No the angle at the t-case has to be ajusted at the t-case. Since the pinion can be pointed at the t-case there is little adjustment needed there (one u-joint). But since the t-case can't be pointed at the pinion then there needs to be more adjustment at that end (two u-joints, cv).

Hope this helps

Daryl

Back