• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting Problems

jeeppowermj

NAXJA Forum User
I was offroading at my house yesterday and after I turned my truck off I couldn't get it started again. I started fine before I went offroading and I didn't do anything hardcore but heres my situation. When I turn the key to the on position it makes that buzzing noise because I don't have my seatbelt on or the door is open. When I turn it to start it the buzzing noise fades almost completely off and it doesn't even try to turn over. The headlights are also VERY dim when i turn them on. The + battery terminal gets warm when I hold the key in the start position for 10-15 sec. I thought it might be the battery so I hooked my brothers truck up to it to try to jump it but all that did was make the headlights work and the buzzer not fade. I am at a loss of what this could be. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Raymond

BMWSOB said:
try knocking on the starter a little with the handle of a hammer. it sounds like starter is going bad
Im betting thats what it is too. Look at your alt. and make sure that there is no mud on the conections. Clean those off and then try it. If your stuck somewhere, charge your battery and then put it back in and then move it.

I just got inside from tapping on my starter. It didnt do anything. I'm not stuck anywhere. I checked the alternator and everything looks good. I find it wierd because the headlights don't work unless I have the jumper cables hooked up. Is there anyway that the battery can die instantly, like it seems to have done?

Back