• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this the right FSM?

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
I'm throwin around the idea of getting a FSM. If I can find one cheaper than going through the dealer and spending $100 i'll give it a try. Did a quick ebay search and found out there's more than one. There's the FSM, PCU version, and Body version. I'm assuming I want the plain ole FSM.

Is this what it looks like? (never seen it before) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7956662485&category=34224&sspagename=WDVW

It's for my 99.

Sorry if this a stupid question or a repeat question, just trying to do things right for as cheap as possible.

I don't think there are different FSMs for the 99 XJ. I had a 99 WJ (Grand Cherokee) and there was only one FSM. And there's only one FSM for the 2000 XJ.

Eagle said:
I don't think there are different FSMs for the 99 XJ. I had a 99 WJ (Grand Cherokee) and there was only one FSM. And there's only one FSM for the 2000 XJ.

I know on my 1991 it came in the Engine, body, chassis, half and then the electrical half.

Looks like your good to go though with the description.

I boight the electrcial half from him for my rig, and he's a reputable seller.

Incorrect, the 97+'s only have one book that covers the whole thing. Becareful that the seller is not ripping you off with some BS book.... Our 97 TJ's have 3, one big fat one and two smaller thin ones.

Thank you all for the replies. When I did a search for "1999 Jeep Cherokee Factory Service Manual" It came up with a few returns. That one, one for the body, and a couple others. Figured I post in here first.

Thanks again for the replies. I'm really starting to like this site! :)

red91inWA said:
I know on my 1991 it came in the Engine, body, chassis, half and then the electrical half.

Looks like your good to go though with the description.

I boight the electrcial half from him for my rig, and he's a reputable seller.

Was your FSM in halfway decent shape when you got it from him? I hate to drop $80 and get only say half a manual...lol.

That IS the 1999 FSM in the auction...The cover is the exact same as the one I just ordered from Tech Authority for my 99...

Matt

Matt,

Did yours still cost $100? Or did you get it for a little bit cheaper. I'm lookin to save as much money as I can (who isn't???...lol)

Well, I went and returned my Hayne's manual today. Gonna go ahead and purchase the FSM through Tech Authority. Hoping it's worth the bucks, but judging from the ammount of people on here who have one and rave about it, it should be.

I could get that one through Ebay, but then I gotta hassle with Pay Pal, and they've had some problems recently with security issues.

edit: I take that back, grand total came out to be $104 and some change. Might hold off and call the dealer tomorrow. If it's gonna be the same price I go and get it myself, rather than wait 7-10 days for delievery.

Last edited:
Back