• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop brackets or long arm?

XJCRAWLER

NAXJA Forum User
I am running rusty's 4 1/2 kit with 2 inch shackles in the rear and ACOS up front, and I am wanting to either get drop brackets ($350.00) or buy Full Tractions kit for the front ($950.00). I figure I could sell my Rusty's front stuff (4.5 kit with adjustable upper and lower control arms and adjustable trac bar with HD bracket) for $500.00. So I am only looking at about a differents of 350.00 with shipping. I was looking for any pro's and con's of either way. I am running 35 inch tires, Bushwacker cutouts and it is a daily driver, but we wheel it at least once a month or more.

If you're starting from scratch and have the money, I'd go long arms. Keep in mind though that they are irreverseable since you have to cut out the LCA mount on the frame rail with many kits.
If you already have drop brackets, there's not enough advantages to long arms to change.

XJCRAWLER said:
bgcntry72 said:
Yeah, the *look* is pretty important.
:rolleyes

I am not after *looks*, I am after ground clearance.

I am sitting at 7.5" and actually wish I was a little lower. I would say do drop brackets, keep you existing lift, and use the money you save from not doing long arms to buy armor and skids.......

XJCRAWLER said:
I am running rusty's 4 1/2 kit with 2 inch shackles in the rear and ACOS up front, and I am wanting to either get drop brackets ($350.00) or buy Full Tractions kit for the front ($950.00). I figure I could sell my Rusty's front stuff (4.5 kit with adjustable upper and lower control arms and adjustable trac bar with HD bracket) for $500.00. So I am only looking at about a differents of 350.00 with shipping. I was looking for any pro's and con's of either way. I am running 35 inch tires, Bushwacker cutouts and it is a daily driver, but we wheel it at least once a month or more.

oh yeah let me know when you find a sucker to pay 500 for used lift products, I have some stuff they might be interested in .............

db's are fun

XJCRAWLER said:

I would go LA, why not go with the RK kit, I got mine delivered for 525$ and its not like the old kit they used to offer, it has a 3 link still but its 3 olid full length control arms, with a rebuildable joint on the upper driverside axle mount. It works great with my 10"+ lift.

I am running DB's on my MJ, and I am looking into getting a LA setup. I want the added flex, and the ability to go higher. My current setup is kinda unconventional. I am using stock uppers and lowers. I know this is not ideal, but my caster is only off 1* and it flexes nice for what I wanted, but now I want more. For me it is either go buy new uppers and lowers, which is kinda pricey, or go LA's which is about the same.

Patrick

Back