• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emissions on a 85 2.5 Carb

XJ Buzzard

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought my youngest daughter her first Jeep. This one has all the emissions/vacuum equipment one it. Since she is only 11, this will be a strictly trail rig. What all can I get rid of and still keep it running? I did the Nutter Bypass on my CJ8 and that helped some, but my experience with the 2.5 carb is quite limited.

Thanks

chris

I'm running the HVAC and distributor timing and that's about it on my 84 right now. Just be sure you plug whatever holes you open up so that you don't have a vacuum leak.

Your best bet may be to just get a weber carb and throw that on. Yeah it's expensive, but it gets rid of the computer feedback components.

The route I'm taking is a bit more adventurous and putting together a factory fuel injection system to bolt on ... haven't tried it yet, but getting there on the parts accumulation.

If you really want injection, a throttle body setup may be a bit easier than the multi-port that I'm working on.

Just my $.02
wish

http://bill.hart.net/XJ.html

I have a FI 2.5 that I have gutted for the running gear and other parts the guys i run with needed. The engine and tranny are still there (good thing both 4 poppers have a 5spd). I have been toying with the idea of swapping the engines. I would like to get this thing going enough to have be able to follow us while she is here for spring break, after that a FI swap may get started.

chris

Back