• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHERE IN @#@$% is the flasher unit in my 95?

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
My haynes manuel says its in the fuse block NOT!!!!! as you can see by the pics both spots for the hazard and blinkers are missing with no wires attached!

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

taking apart the lower dash I did find this relay center but no flashers,

anyone have a clue? :wierd:

picture.JPG

Just checked my 92 and the fuse box looks the same. It belongs in the empty receptical (round 3 prong) on the lower left.

Good Luck

Terry

the only problem is ther is no connectors in that space,,,see the wires running through the holes. neither receptical has any wire connectors to them both are blanks, and the flashers have worked until yesterday, without anthing in those.

It's been awhile since I changed mine and I'm not sure, but I think they were behind the drivers side kick panel. If not, I attribute my ignorance to massive quantites of crack.

I'm away from home, and driving my wife's Volvo, so I can't check in person, but I think you may find it in the "relay center," which is an extra terminal block, hiding on the back of the dash down to the right of the steering column.

Matthew Currie said:
I'm away from home, and driving my wife's Volvo, so I can't check in person, but I think you may find it in the "relay center," which is an extra terminal block, hiding on the back of the dash down to the right of the steering column.

That is the lower pic in the first post, I see relays but no flasher unit
picture.JPG

IIRC

one of those bigger looking "relays" might be the flasher unit thingy

i replaced mine on my 96 like 6 years ago....and i seem to remember looking in the regular fuse panel (like where it was on my old 87) and it wasnt there....

see if one of those relay-looking things is, in fact, the flasher module thingy

Checked the owners manual on my 96 and it looks like it should be either the red or blue one in your pic.
My guess its blue.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
Checked the owners manual on my 96 and it looks like it should be either the red or blue one in your pic.
My guess its blue.
Wayne

It isn't the red one. That, I know, is the relay for the rear defroster.

The FSM says it's in the relay center, but doesn't describe it.

Last edited:
Back