• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping sites at Slickrock campground

Casper

NAXJA Forum User
Hello Gang,
Shelly and I will be coming to the Moab run this year. We are really excited, especially since we missed last years event. We will be arriving on the evening of the 7th (Monday), and departing the morning of the 13th (Sunday). Is there anyone going that would like to split the camp site fee. We would really appreciate the offer to spilt the site and fire with another member. We will be tent camping, so we shouldn't take up too much room.
Thanks,
Keith and Shelly Orr

Keith,

If you're camping at Slickrock CG, which I assume you are based on the heading of this post, they have designated spots for tents. It kind of looks like a large sandbox with a cover over it, but without the sand. My point is, you can't just set a tent up next to someone else. You must pay for a specific spot.....unless you want to share one of those large tents that sleeps eight people. That's really the only way you're going to be able to split the cost with someone else when tenting at Slickrock.

Tom

They have double sites (for up to 4 adult, 2 vehicles) for $26. Single tent sites are $16, so you could save a little bit of $$$ by sharing a double site.

Scott

Back