• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats next

jimmy forbes

NAXJA Forum User
i know that a jeep is never dne, but what should i do next. heres alist of what i have.
lift: 3 inch coils 2 spacers,about 6.5 in
3 inch springs, 2 inch block, 1.5 inch shackle, about 6-6.5 in
tires: 33x10.50 bfg mt km (500 mi on them) on 15x8 rock crawlers

protection: i have custum built front and rear bumpers, and a tire
carrier
axels: dana 35 rear, with a lockright
dana 30 open
i have a safari rack, and am in the process of getting some rock rails built.

my ideas are
new suspension components, RE 7.5 inch coils (they just came out) and 4.5 inch spring packs, a winch, a new stereo(2 12 concepts and a 800 d concept amp), new rear end (dana 44 or ford 8.8)
give me all your opionions, i broke my arm 6 months ago and i just can afford 2 do work again on the jeep, had 4.5 months off work. i don't make a ton but i dont have 2 eat. give your input
jimmy
ps. i painted the jeep with spray paint, the top is white and the lower part of the door is black, i painted the flares black too, they apear 2 be ok.

I would take care of the painted flares first and foremost, :laugh2:

Seriously, what are you not satisfied with: looks, trail performance or overall strength/reliablity

My pick would be the strenghth/reliability and then steering, and then a winch and then :D (sorry got carried away). Everything else you mentioned I don't think will give you really much more as far as performance.

i get free food at work ne way i could loose weight and not die
i am looking for the best overall jeep, i drive in the flat coast of south carolina and only hit the tril maybe 5-6 times a year, i am trying to see it more often this year. so.... id like it to be a little more fun 2 ride around town in, and i am 19years old so its my trail and show car. i don't really care about preformance i have a 4.0 thanks

as far as the flares, i know alot of people say the krylon touch doesnt work

I'm not one to tell a guy what to do with his rig but what I would suggest is:
  • Ditch the lift blocks and get some BiggOffroad 6" leafs
  • Winch
  • low range gears
  • SYE, definitely one of the JB r AA variety
    [/list=0]

If I had the mulah I'd be getting a 44 rear.

Back