• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limited Slip and Dealership friction modifier

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
I recently did a diff service, and bought the friction modifier from the dealer - don't remember the exact price but it was expensive, I recall it cost more than the gear oil. I was considering using the RedLine oil which already has the friction modifier in it, and after this experience figure it will cost about the same (or even less). Any reason not to just use that?

Also, after the service, it seems like the diff is more slip than limited. . . I drove the figure 8's etc. and no improvement. I figure with 200,000 miles on it, the trac lok (sp?) is pretty much trashed but, I have to say that it got worse with fresh oil and friction modifier.

I am about to do a diff service on another Chrysler LSD axle (with only 20,000 miles) so was thinking I could just start using the RedLine and avoid a trip to the dealer. . .

I run RedLine and love the stuff - call their tech department and talk to them - they know thier stuff (i thought that they wouldnt be able to answer my questions - particularly about capacity and seal behavior) but they were right on...

here is a phone number:
800 624-7958
[email protected]
www.redlineoil.com

really - i swear by all thier products and will use them as long as i can afford to...

-Ranger

Back