• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone patch a gas tank?

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
My gas tank spontaneously started leaking. :shock: Here’s a link to two pictures of it. I know for a fact it was fine on Friday then this Monday morning before a trip to Coyote Lake with Zion (aka. ZPD). Then I smelled something funny :? and looked down and gas was dripping from my gas tank. In the picture Zion said this was a spot weld, well I have three of them and this is where the gas seems to be seeping from. Anyone tried patching a gas tank with JB Weld or something like it, or should I just find a new tank.

http://home.attbi.com/~cdutke/

Right next to the jb weld at a Kragen you'll find the 2 part, Play-Doh like stuff for gas tank repairs. Mine hasn't leaked in 4 years.
Disclaimer-Results my vary.lol

I, ummmm, accidentally drilled a hole thru the top of my gas tank while installing new tie downs in the cargo area. I used some plastic repair (my tank is plastic on my 97) and it hasn't had a problem.

SeanP

PS, you should post all tech in the tech sections where you will get a better response. This forum should be for regional XJ business and general CA/NV BSing and telling-of-lies.

Back