• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" BS and Goferit

LBEXJ

NAXJA Member #721
Does anyone know if there is a clearance issue running 15" x 8" and 4.5" BS with a goferit bushing in a D30 knuckle? It's hard to tell trying to measure it ...

Les

I will be tight, but it should work. I had 3/4 heims on top of my old 30 with 4.5" backspacing.

Pull the drivers side end off and just flip it over to get an idea. Just make sure the stud is pointed straight down.

I am running that exact setup.
If you have concerns, then just go with an 8.8 and be done with it.
HTH.

Last edited:
Lincoln said:
It will be tight, but it should work. I had 3/4 heims on top of my old 30 with 4.5" backspacing. Pull the drivers side end off and just flip it over to get an idea. Just make sure the stud is pointed straight down.
Thanks Lincoln ... The bushing has been in for nearly a year. I've been running 3.75" BS. Looks like it will be close enough to keep the wheel clean!

bgcntry72 said:
HTH.
Thanks BC ... Good to here it will clear.

Les

bgcntry72 said:
If you have concerns, then just go with an 8.8 and be done with it.
HTH.

good - ill go buy my 8.8 now... then i know that my steering will work

8.8 in front? or you got rear steer?

Well ... it does not look like it will clear ... if it does I'll be surprised. I'll post up the results.
jeepguy97 said:
Just goferit.

BTW, BC runs, or ran, a Currie so I doubt he is running this set up.

Les

Well ... 4.5" BS and the Goferits work fine. It's real close like you said Lincoln, but it clears.

Thanks Lincoln, and BC ... wherever you are lurking.

Les

BTW: As I understand it, BC does (did) run 4.5 BS and a Goferit on the drivers side ... along with the Currie.

Back